Sunday, December 26, 2004

Hate naming these....

um...a dark green mood? ok odd way to start but hey that's what you get when you're reading something written by Capt. Caf. I mean seriously, who's called Capt. Caf these days?

So I've locked myself in my room because my bro and his gf are in the lobby. it's midnight now and she lives more than an hour away! she's been here since like 2 when they went to church together! seriously! let her go home. so mushy. anyways so I closed my door and decided to blog instead of watching them be all cute.

I just got done watching RotK:EE including the Easter Eggs. (if you have no idea what I'm talking about you deserve to be poked very violently before I explain it laters.) It is very, very, very good! and that's an understatement.

So my talk went well this morning. I thought I was very random but one of the ladies said it had a lot of personality. I'm wondering if that's the same kind of compliment like: "It was very....interesting..." I wasn't embarrassed and mom said the bishop was hilarious to watch while I was talking. somtimes he acts like he's my dad. it's great! I talked about deadlines and examples. I told you it was random. A lof of it was extemping too. Thank you Speech and Debate!! Everyone is so impressed that I never look at my notes but ya know, they don't help much unless i'm really really lost.

So on to the next subject, we'll just backward in time. So next is Midnight Mass. I'm really curious so please comment if you read this part. How many of y'all have been to Midnight Mass? How many acctually know what Midnight Mass is? I love it. It's a little tradition for the girls, used to be me, mom and grams, to go. Sissy sometimes came. Anyways, grams passed on and me and mom still like to go when she feels well enough at night. So we went to the Emaculate Heart of Mary with Stevie. I made him stay up for it. He could've gone with his fam way earlier. Anyways, I loved finding the differences between the religions. Oddly, I can only remember one and it was in one of the prayers. The rest seemed like it was very very much the same just different rituals symbolizing the same thing. we're not as unique as we like to think sometimes.

Finally the last subject! This is a long blog, sorry! So this is the funnest tradition!! Me, Dad, and Mom went Santa Clausing!! It was great!! He looks so good as Kris Kringle and I look so funny as an elf. I do have the height down good! hehe... Even lookin that goofy an old man commented on my good looks. Mom figures he might have been celebrating. I think he's just old and using that as an excuse to say things like "Aren't you a pretty little thing? I'm old, but not that old." I couldn't stop laughin! This was the first year Mr Clause accutally made 2 kids cry. They were crying before they got to him though so it's ok. for some reason to see kids cry over that is really cute and funny at the same time! is that mean? ehhe At another house everyone wanted lip gloss. All except the boy of course. the littlest girl wanted a skateboard, lip gloss and make-up, and oh yea rollar skates too. she was cute. My fave little girl was the best though. At first all she would say was "I don't want to". By the end she was showing Santa her bed so he knew where she'd be later when he came down the chimmney which she showed him too. I got to hold Anne who had just been born when I left for college. So sweet with a red mohawk!

ok i'm gonna end this blog before I get slapped with some wet noodles. Or something equally horrible happens to me.

kises!

Song of the Night: Hobbit Drinking Song (number 2)

2 comments:

a man from Saipan said...

Mass is something everyone should try. It is educational. There are some similarities with Catholics but they go in a completely different direction then us. If it was a road-sign it would say '[ < Jesus Died | Jesus Lives! > ]'. I would go right in this case.

Another good song: Man Who Would Be Santa by Vertical Horizon
And it is only 10:07 on the 27th where I am.

Shaleen said...

You and the Hobbit Drinking Songs!! I mean really!! Naw, I love reading your stuff, your personality "shines" through however sappy or old that might make me sound. : ) Anywho, see ya next week!!