Tuesday, August 23, 2005

parting blues...

my time is very odd. when i have forever before I leave somewhere I feel like it's tomorrow, which oddly doesn't inspire me to go out with friends, but to cook and clean and think a lot about packing. And when i have about 3 days before i leave i act and feel as though i have months! it really messes me up. like tonight, my last night i'm here i decide to have some friends over and have a bit of a bbq, i found filet mignon in the freezer, i was in heaven, even if i wasn't hungry. we roasted marshmellows in the firepit i just built, my dad thought that was illegal and i said i wouldn't make the fire big. I completely blackened a pineapple, that was sad i had to cut the black off. we ate so much junk i really should be sick. all this on my last night. Last nights are usually slow, relaxing yet stressful, just hang with the fam stuff. i think i'm just being weird for some reason.
so i have decided once again, i hate packing. those who had to move me before spring know this, i suck at it. and it always makes me feel like such a girl!! why can I not live without this crap!!? why do i own makeup!? why do i have jewelry? why do i want to cook this year? why do i have so many clothes?!! and i'm leaving quite a few, and i've thrown a bit out too. *heavy sigh. oh well, my bag is too heavy and i'm hopeing they don't care. i ended up with 2 carry-on's anyways cause it's just easier with a comp bag. i'm really just rambling....and i don't know why. thinking about a few things and really should be sleeping. i will travel for 19 hrs tomorrow, and be home and exhausted by 10. yuck.

11 comments:

mightybob said...

It's not just girls that collect massive amounts of junk and haul it with them. I watched my neighbor move from one apartment to another while management remodeled the flats, and it was amazing how much *stuff* he had acquired. But you're right on one count - boys generally pack less makeup than us girls...
I hope you made it to your destination OK.

Davey From The Block said...

awwwww yeah! Kelsey Jo is home! Home sweet home. How is it Kels? I'll join you in 3.

-Dave

Kelsey said...

ok Dave you can't join me in Hale 3, little illegal guests not welcome. but yes i'm here and quite fine, almost feels like i never left

Su Chong said...

Hey Kels! =)

Greetings from freezing cold Utah!...well not quite freezing yet, but it sure feels like Hawaiian winter in this supposedly Utah summer.

Well, speaking of illegal guests at the dorms, I'm living in Heritage Halls here (like Hale 1 only better) and we can have guys in our apartments! Woohoo! Now all I need to do is find myself some guys to hangout at my place =) Wish you guys were here. I miss having crazy friends to do crazy things with. Hope ya liking your evil RA neighbor [if I'm not mistaken =)] Tell E to give you a hug for me.

Take care!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.