Monday, November 10, 2008

A Re-Introduction

Aloha!

It's been awhile (like more than 2 years) since I last posted on this blog. At that time I had just returned from my internship in China and was finishing up my college degree. That was also the semester I first met my now husband of almost 2 years. Needless to say I was busy and blogging wasn't at the top of my list. Blogging has recently come closer to the top of my list--not because I have any more time (really I have less since I like sleep more these days) but because I needed an outlet for my thoughts.

A quick look into who I am. I graduated from BYUH in Psychology and Theatre. I still work for them long distance mostly completing the research projects I had started when I still resided on the island. I now live in Provo with my husband (who is a gunsmith) and my chubby adorable 3 month old son. Other than the part time long distance job with BYUH I am a stay at home mom and I love to find creative ways to stay healthy, happy, and hopefully eventually rich--or at least long term financially stable. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am a conservative who likes Glenn Beck. I love to sing and swing dance (though there isn't much time for that these days). And try to be an overall optimistic person.

The thoughts that will fill this particular blog might be somewhat random, but I hope still useful. I will be writing about the things I learn from what is happening in my life. It won't contain much, if any of my "personal life" so to speak. Though I will probably give brief introductions into each post that gives a glimpse as to why that topic has been on my mind.

Expect to see posts on: child development (as my son grows), emergency preparedness (a hobby/passion of mine), security, evolutionary psychology (my job), religion, and some politics. For information on food storage and my favorite recipes, see my other blog --Healthy Eating. I might mention posts in that blog when discussing emergency preparedness since food is a large factor in that.

As a last note of ...caution I guess... since this is a hobby and outlet of mine and I do not have much time. There may be spelling and grammar errors. Hopefully not so many that you can't understand the point. But I don't have time to re-read and edit my posts. Sorry :)

No comments: