Thursday, December 29, 2005

Am I wise now?

So I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday morning, and I've decided it's the most effective diet I've ever heard of. It's soo much trouble to eat right now that I just don't, plus my choices are fairly limited...I can have warm pudding (I finally put the last two in the fridge tonight), soup as long as I don't try to eat any of the noodles or veggies, V8 is a good choice, and, of course, yogurt.

But really that's not the most exciting part about these wisdom teeth. See, me and mum together scared the dentist enough that he called me when he went home that night.

So I go under the IV sedation because, I really don't want to remember them drilling into my mouth, cutting my teeth into small pieces and taking them out and then sewing the holes shut. (I honestly don't know how they did it, I have a small mouth.) So, as I'm coming out of the sedation I'm muttering up a storm, I thought I was at home in my sister's part of the house, then in Hawaii with Justin, I even talked about my oldest brother Ben.
So mum is just sittin' there pattin my head trying to get me to wake up. After a bit I can hold my eyes open for about 10-15 seconds I figure. And then the exciting part.
See mum always wanted to be a nurse, but on the day the class went to see the cadaver she decided she wouldn't make such a great nurse, and skipped class.
So she's gettin a little wousy watching me. She knows this, she's passed out before so she puts her head between her knees, she was already sitting down. I look over and open my eyes just long enough to see her roll to the floor.
So, I'm still incredibly drugged, she's on the floor, and I start screaming bloody murder in the best my-lips-are-still-numb voice I can muster. When the doctor and nurse finally got there (they took awhile cause they're used to people screaming) I was half way out of the chair, which is hard to do and a little dangerous when you can't even lift your own head, and mum was on the floor.
She's fine. Just a bump on the head but Dad has now decided that the next medical thing any of us kids have to do, he's going and leaving Mum at home.

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Creamies? like the candies? or like ice cream? I can't suck on hard candies so that wouldn't work....
i tried bread tonight...it hurt.

E.Marie said...

ohh GEEZ hun! HAHHA umm well heal quickly and Ill see you on the 6th.
Laters!!

Su Chong said...

*tears*

Oh, boy, Kels, that was a good laugh! =D I wonder what "bloody murder" sounded like with numb lips haha. Well I'm glad you had a memorable experience loosing your wisdom..hehe

If you like peanut butter on its own like I do, have some! I still enjoyed ice-cream better though..heh...so much for that diet opportunity =)

Amanda/Mandie said...

*giggles* I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing or reading about that incident. Talk about memorable. ;)

mightybob said...

I'm glad you both made it home alright :). That's a story for the grandkids.

When I got my wisdom teeth out, there were 5 (yes, I am a freak of nature... in so many ways...), 4 of which were impacted in bone. The dentist wouldn't touch them, so he sent me to an oral surgeon, who put me under. Apparently I get chatty on drugs, too.

Have you tried soup in the blender? Or jello? Enjoy the Lortab/Vicadin/whatever they've got you on!

JMPerkins said...

Hehe,
But seriously oral surgery sucks you have my sympathy (remember not to that fact that I never grew andy wisdom teeth.. awww damnit the inner monologue doesn't work online). My brother did mashed potatoes (man, I hope I didn't pull a Dan Quail on that word).

Shaleen said...

I had five teeth taken out too. However, only four were wisdom teeth. The fifth was on my bottom jaw in the front of my mouth. I had a gaping hole there for the longest time!! But my braces made it all better...yay!!

I worried the doctors too, because I get very very ill after being put under so they decided to try this new method they had...and I still got sick on them. But I loved the menu I had...I got a whole gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream to myself!!! Heehee!!