Saturday, January 29, 2005

I love adventures..

Can I just say that I really truly love adventures. Now i'm not stupid enough to go out and look for them because they generally start very traumatically. They come along often enough without any coaxing. I suppose I should explain myself. Tonight a group of us went night repelling at a not too far beach. We crammed into the car and were totally ready for a full night of fun! Well, after at least 2 successful repels we had an accident. Luckily, it really doesn't add up to much more that a good fright, some pain, some singing, some pampering, more pain, and i'm sure stiffness and annoyingness eventually. Details of accident, our little gutsy friend full out jumped backward off the cliff and something went weird with the rope. She slowed her fall with her bare hand rubbing against the not so clean climbing rope. She's a trooper that's for sure. And i'm also sure she's in bed with a totally neosporined hand laying on top of the covers.
Interesting observations from tonight: Singing helps like you wouldn't believe. Priesthood blessings can make you wanna cry for no known reason. Dorm Dads rock. Not only does life seem to be in slow motion at times of other's pain but it also seems like I am watching the past. I feel like i've reacted as if I already know the outcome completely and i'm just fulfilling my duty as we go to get to that end. Very odd. Maybe cause i was never afraid for her life. It took me too long to figure out what was happening to be scared for that. The worst I came up with in my mind was she broke her hand, not that bad of a fate. (Acctually, dieing wouldn't be a bad fate for the one who leaves but that's a totally different subject.) Anyways, I think I've rambled on enough so I'll leave y'all alone. If you were there comment on that. If not how do you think you'd react, emotionally?

1 comment:

E.Marie said...

We are all blogging about this. and all have very different views dont we. Yea I must say your singing was a great comfort and definetley helped Su and the rest of us. See ya later hun.